Terms of Service Apr 4, 2016 1:02:04 GMT 9
Post by Shizuka on Apr 4, 2016 1:02:04 GMT 9
You must read and accept these terms before commissioning me. See my Commission Information page for details on the commission process.
- GENERAL TERMS:
- The artist agrees to deliver a quality product in her own style, on the level of shown examples advertised in the sale of the commission, in accordance with the reference sheet and additional reference materials or descriptions provided by the commissioner.
- I will show WIPs whenever requested by the commissioner. Although I will always contact you first and show you the Work in Progress as soon as I've finished a stage to check to see if things are alright before continuing anyway. While working on a commission, I will oftentimes post WIP screenshots on my social media.
- I will check with the commissioner at certain stages of the commission for approval. Always feel free to ask for corrections and changes, even small changes you could've asked for in previous WIP stages! I may also contact you if there are parts of your ref sheet I don't understand. Sometimes I'll change my mind on some aspect of the artwork, but will explain or show you the concept sketch of my ideas to get your approval before going through with it. Please keep your DMs or notes open so that I can communicate with you on your commission, or let me know if you'd like to move communications over to email or another platform. This isn't a bother, and I'll be totally happy to speak with you elsewhere as long as I have an account on there.
- If at any time the commissioner becomes hostile, disrespectful, or threatening towards myself, the commission may be dropped and possibly not refunded. If you are uncooporative in following my terms of service, I will not work with you. Extremely rude behavior towards me or my mutuals could get you blacklisted from commissioning me in the future.
- I don't make reservations and I don't use waitlists.
- I reserve the right to reject a commission for absolutely any reason without disclosing why.
- You may request secrecy of the commission process. In this case, I will not post WIPs publicly and will not stream the commission process. The commission will be private until it is completed and approved by the commissioner.
- I am not accepting permanently secret commissions at this time.
- I will not accept "due dates" for commissions. ETA for commissions will usually take anywhere from a couple weeks to a few months. In the event that life gets in the way and prevents me from finishing your commission within this timeframe, I will contact you and keep you updated on at least a bi-weekly basis on the status of your commission. If there's a special date like a birthdate for example you'd ideally like to shoot for, feel free to let me know, and I'll be very willing to see what I can do. But I cannot make any concrete promises.
- I only take payment up front, through Paypal, with invoice, and I will not work further than the concept sketch phase until the commission is paid in full. I use USD values, but as long as you can convert the price using Paypal's conversion system, you can send international money as well. When you tell me you are ready to pay and have given me your paypal address, I will send an invoice, and all you have to do is pay the incoming invoice for me to add your commission slot to my queue and begin working on it.
- If the customer vanishes or ceases contact at certain stages of the commissioning process, a variety of consequences will take place. If you don't respond to my messages after I confirm you've received the slot and ask for the details, you will lose the slot after 24 hours, and I will offer the slot to the next person. I can wait up to a week for payment upon you letting me know you need time to acquire the money and pay the invoice through paypal. If you do not pay by the time you say you will, or vanish for 24 hours after I invoice you, you will lose the slot. If you vanish for over three months after I contact you at a certain stage, and you have paid, and I cannot find a way to get in touch with you or find out where you went or why you won't respond to my messages, the commission will be dropped and no refunds will be accepted unless you prove you are the one who commissioned me and give a fair explanation why you disappeared.
- Any mistakes on my behalf are free of charge to fix. Sometimes I miss a detail in the ref sheet. I will be more than happy to fix this for you for free! Any changes in the character's design that weren't evident in the reference sheet or in the illustration that were left out of the commission details may incur a relatively-sized fee to be fixed in the artwork.
- You may be able to ask for a partial refund and cancellation of the commission depending on how far along the commission process has gone. After sketch is completed and approved, and I'm in the lineart stage, 50% is refundable and you may receive what I've finished so far. After lineart is completed and approved, and I'm in the coloring stage, 10% is refundable and you may receive the incomplete image from there as well. After the flat colors are completed, refunds will not be available, but you will receive the completed artwork.
- You can receive a full refund if I have not started on or shown you a concept sketch yet.
- Sometimes I might have to give up on a commission due to crippling real life issues, lack of inspiration, or perhaps I find I am unable to attain the skill level required to draw your commission. If this happens, I will notify you and refund your commission completely.
- Completed commissions cannot be refunded. No exceptions.
- You own all rights to your characters and their designs. I own all rights to the artwork.
- I reserve the right to publically display completed and client-approved commissions digitally and in print, posting it online on my art websites and my social media, and using it as examples of my work in my portfolio, but no more than that. I may enter it in art shows that judge skill and quality of art.
- You may request the transparent (background-less) render of any commission. I can give you the watermarked (if you're going to be using it publicly) or non-watermarked version (if you're going to use it in graphics, or for something else that others shouldn't be able to steal easily).
- You may repost your commission anywhere with credit to me of course. If posting it publicly to your gallery, I'd highly suggest posting the watermarked version so nobody else can try to steal or claim your character and my art. The unwatermarked version is for if you'd like to crop it as a banner, icon, etc., use it in some personal graphics, show it off to friends and family, or print it out.
- You may not sell prints of your commission. I do not allow people to make any profit off of my art. You can profit indirectly, if you show the artwork as a representation of your character in an original video of your creation such as a song cover, and monetize your own video, or if you use it as your icon and people donate to your cause, or use it to advertise something like a charity's banner. But as long as the focus is on the service you're doing for money, and the picture is only there as additional decoration, it should be okay. Feel free to contact me and ask if you're unsure about usage of my art.
- You must always credit me whenever and wherever you use and display the artwork. Failure to credit me and refusal to do so after being asked to will prompt me to report you of art theft and blacklist you from commissioning me in the future.
- You can commission me to draw one of my characters with yours, but the extra character price will remain the same even if it is my character. Of course keep in mind, I may reject the scenario you propose of our characters if I feel it isn't an appropriate scene for my character to participate in.
- I will draw humans, animals, fantasy species, fanart, shipping, romance, wlw, mlm, sfw, anthro, humanoid, moderate gore. Feel free to ask!
- I won't draw NSFW, sexual fetishes, breasts on animal characters, nips regardless of gender or species, mecha, controversial themes, explicit religious/political symbolism, swear words.
- I will not draw in a deliberately toony style. My art is semi-realistic styled.
- At this time, I do not offer chibi style unless your character is anatomically "chibi-like" even in its realistic feral or anthro form.
WHAT I WILL AND WON'T DRAW